Wednesday, January 12, 2022

wordy wednesday...eigengrau {january 12, 2022}

word for wednesday

{eigengrau}


When I lived in Owensboro, KY, my parents took my brothers, sister, and me to Mammoth Cave National Park. We were amazed at all the stalactites and stalagmites (if you have trouble remembering which is which, stalactites have a "T" for top and stalagmites have a "G" for ground), the fact that the temperature was a constant 54°, the enormity of the cave, and when the Ranger turned off the lights for a minute, told us to put our hand in front of our face, we learned what cave darkness was. All we knew that it was dark. Really dark. 

Now 50 some years later, I find out there's a word for this perfect darkness and smile at this memory of a younger me who truly was totally in the dark.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment