Saturday, January 8, 2022

christmas joys, new year hopes {january 8, 2022}

"It's true, Christmas can feel like a lot of work, particularly for mothers. But when you look back on all the Christmases in your life, you'll find you've created family traditions and lasting memories. Those memories, good and bad, are really what help to keep a family together over the long haul."

~ Caroline Kennedy 

Yesterday I spent the day putting away Christmas decorations and taking the ornaments off the tree. It took the entire day. Wrapping the ornaments and decorations in tissue paper brings back so many memories; it's a time to reminisce and savor those memories.

First Christmas in a new house, the whole fam was here, such a treasured time. Keeping the tree up longer than usual was a daily reminder of the very special few days of being together.

Every year I buy a new ornament for my tree but this year I didn't. However, A&J gave a new ornament to T and me, one that is a forever treasure, one that marks a new stage in our lives. I'm still pinching myself that we're going to be grandparents!

Jupiter and the waxing crescent moon shine brightly in the nighttime sky. I stand outside in the cold and take in the peace and quiet and the contentment of happy holiday memories and the hopes for the new year.




No comments:

Post a Comment