Friday, January 14, 2022

surprise flowers {january 14, 2022}


December is a busy month where people get so wrapped up in holiday preparations and this season of joy becomes a season of stress. My yoga studio offered a holiday challenge (one more thing to add to the holiday to-dos?) to be intentional about coming to the studio to take an hour for yourself, which would help with the holiday stress mode. I did make it a couple times a week and after the practice was over, there was a sense of calm, of focus, and a good feeling of doing something for me so that I could shorten my mile-long list of things to do for others. To entice people to come to the studio, there was a list of "prizes." I really didn't care about the incentives to get to the studio; I just was grateful for the hour to myself.

I received an email yesterday that I "won" a prize, a flower arrangement and that it would be delivered today. An unexpected but delightful surprise.


Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful;
they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
~ Luther Burbank





No comments:

Post a Comment