Wednesday, March 20, 2024

wordy wednesday: zentangle


Zentangle is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. These patterns are called tangles and you create tangles with combinations of dots, lines, simple curves, S-curves and orbs. These patterns are drawn on 3” x 3” pieces of paper called tiles.They’re called tiles because they can be assembled into mosaics.


I am taking a six week Zentangle class offered through the University of Dayton Lifelong Learning Institute. For our first class, we created four tangles on a 3 x 3 tile and then the instructor asked us to bring our tiles to the front of the classroom and place them on the floor to create a class mosaic. Each tile has the same elements, but because each person in the class has her own style, the tiles have their own unique look, just like their individual creators. A bigger lesson in humanity.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, I really should sign up for some art classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this. I have a thing for patterns so this ticks a lot of boxes for me. I'll have to look for something similar here.

    ReplyDelete