Saturday, March 2, 2024

here comes the sun


Our son's dog is staying with us for a couple days. The Friday morning stroll started out with a pink cloud sunrise, birds chirping and crows cawing. A high school student stood at the corner waiting for his school bus, busy with his phone, the don't-talk-to-me stance. Didn't stop me. I said, "Good morning," he looked up and gave me a nod. Down the street the neighborhood hawk's evening meal was one of the neighborhood's finest squirrels, evidenced by a tail remnant on the pavement. This fascinated the dog and he did his best to try to eat this new found delight. There was a tug-of-war to keep this 90 pound Lab from consuming this gourmet treat and if anyone was looking out their window watching this spectacle, you're welcome for the morning laugh. BTW, the dog didn't win. There is something about not wanting to clean up dog barf that gives extra strength to the owner to get to the other side of the street.

2 comments:

  1. The early morning show. I am glad you got the young one to look up, even if only for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I am glad you won that battle. Great looking sky.

    ReplyDelete