Monday, March 18, 2024

point a to point b

Getting from point A to point B describes a journey from one point to another, typically in as direct a way as possible. There are so, so many situations for starting at point A to get to point B. When I made morning coffee the other day, I got the bag of beans out of the cupboard and noticed the cups were a mess. Dust off the shelf and straighten out the cups. Then the tea section looked out of order so it was time to take out the teas, teapots, infusers, candied ginger and do a bit of shelf dusting and reorganizing. Then all the extra cups, the ones that the kids gave us, the ones that were souvenirs from vacations, the ones that were from Mom and Dad's house, got their scrutiny. Dust the shelf, put in a keep or donate pile, and then finally go on with making morning coffee.

When I travel, once I reach my wherever I'm going, walking is my favorite way of discovering a place. I have my list of places to see, sometimes a paper map from the hotel, my GPS fired up, but as I walk, my eyes become my path maker and I see a cool door on a brownstone, a historic marker, a hidden garden, street art. I get the feel of a place. I find so much the destination has to offer between point A and point B. A lot of that is due, too, to my lack of sense of direction. So many times I zig when I should have zagged and that has blessed me with so many memories...and photographs!












3 comments:

  1. There were a series of Family Circus cartoons on this theme, 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Family Circus. As my family grew, Bil Keene gave so much food for thought and lots of laughs.

      Delete
  2. Ahh...but reality so much more interesting. Walking is my favorite way to see a place too.

    ReplyDelete