Tuesday, March 12, 2024

little grandsons


It's been one month since the birth of my new little grandson. Before her son was born, my daughter was worried about how bored she was going to be during her maternity leave. I just smiled and told her that she would be surprised at how busy she would be. We had a nice long phone call yesterday and she told me that her days are very full. With your first child, every day is a new learning experience. A lot of time is spent just gazing at this little miracle who came into your life and has filled your heart with so much love.

I am going to Chicago next week to stay with my daughter while her husband is out-of-town for work. In his first month he has already changed so much. My daughter sends pictures but I can't wait to see him and hold him, sing to him, take him for walks, comfort and feed him in the wee hours of the morning.

This weekend, T and I get to look after this little guy while his parents visit some friends. He's closing in on 2 years old and his newest skill is counting to 13. His vocabulary is growing everyday and I can't wait to have conversations with him and listen to his 2-year old wisdom. His dad was in perpetual motion as a little guy and he's following in his dad's footsteps.

"Grandchildren fill a space in your heart you never knew was empty."


2 comments:

  1. We can feel the love in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking grandkids. I bet you are going to enjoy those visits.

    ReplyDelete