Tuesday, October 10, 2023

use your blinker! {october 10, 2023}

Before a driver makes a turn or changes lanes, he or she has a duty to use his or her turn signal. Turn signals are a necessary part of traffic safety, informing other drivers that a vehicle intends to make a turn. However some drivers fail to use their turn signals before turning, leading to serious and sometimes fatal collisions. There are several reasons why drivers fail to use these important indicators, including laziness, recklessness, forgetfulness, or a broken directional indicator. 

Maybe it's a sign of the changing times or just a sign of being a Baby Boomer, but it seems that turn signal usage isn't as prevalent as it used to be. Whenever I want to turn right or left at an intersection, change lanes on a multi-lane road or highway, parallel park, or even enter my driveway, I automatically use my blinker. My drivers ed instructor and my parents (who initially paid my driving insurance) stressed the importance of using this safety device. It's for the good of all.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment