Sunday, October 1, 2023

be like jack {october 1, 2023}


Slow walks with a big dog. I noticed so many little things while walking with Ted. This plaque was on a wall at Courthouse Square. I walked past it many, many times but it never caught my eye until this moment.

This plaque is in honor of Jack Marti, "...who loved and brought life to Dayton."

"Go out and whip those devils in this world. You can do it. It's not what you've got my friend. It's the style you've got. The way you carry it. Smil a lot, hold your head high, have one hell of a blast, but be charitable to others. If your lot is bad, or you think it is, someone else always has it worse. Spread love my friend, until the day you die. There is no other way." ~ Jack Marti

Be like Jack. 

(I miss my slow walks with my big dog 💚)

 

1 comment:

  1. Good advice, a slow walk, a bike ride, ways to connect with the place.

    ReplyDelete