Friday, October 20, 2023

the friday feed: double duty {october 20, 2023}

Coffee bar in the morning, wine counter in the evening.

Which line would you choose?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Dom's Kitchen and Market in Chicago is a shopping experience as well as a  neighborhood destination. Begin your day with coffee, tea, and breakfast in the AM and then enjoy wine, beer, and craft cocktails in the PM. This one is located on Wells Street in Lincoln Park. I love taking my shopping bags (there's a fee for plastic bags), walking to the store, then browsing and shopping, usually with a cup of tea. Would I shop here all the time if I lived in Chicago? No. I'd go there for a quick shop or for some specialty items. Dom's wine shop has a lot of good wines and they are inexpensive compared to Ohio prices. When we were there around Cinco de Mayo, Dom's set up a design your own guacamole bar: tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, roasted corn, roasted garlic, snap peas, and a few other ingredients that I don't remember. The avocados were freshly scooped, the cilantro freshly chopped, ingredients of your choice stirred in, and it was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment