Friday, October 27, 2023

the friday feed: world pasta day {october 27, 2023}

October 25th was World Pasta Day. The day celebrates one of the world’s favorite and most versatile foods.


I love pasta. One of my favorite pasta memories is being introduced to cacio e pepe when we were in Rome. Spaghetti with pecorino Romano and cracked black pepper. I think I ordered it three times while we were there. It’s tricky to make because you add the cheese to the warm pasta and stir it until it coats the pasta. It’s one of those recipes that needs practice. I had cheese clumps the first few times.


One of the most amazing things about pasta is that there are over 350 kinds!


I tried to load some photos but Blogger was having some technical difficulties, or maybe it's me having technical difficulties. 


Enjoy the Shel Silverstein poem.

๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ


Italian Food 


Oh, how I love Italian food.

I eat it all the time,

Not just 'cause how good it tastes

But 'cause how good it rhymes.

Minestrone, cannelloni,

Macaroni, rigatoni,

Spaghettini, scallopini,

Escarole, braciole,

Insalata, cremolata, manicotti,

Marinara, carbonara,

Shrimp francese, Bolognese,

Ravioli, mostaccioli,

Mozzarella, tagliatelle,

Fried zucchini, rollatini,

Fettuccine, green linguine,

Tortellini, Tetrazzini,

Oops—I think I split my jeani.


~ Shel Silverstein





2 comments: