Thursday, October 5, 2023

silly me, we'll see...{october 5, 2023}


A little while ago on a blog that I follow, the author mentioned walking past a bed of sea holly, how it was covered with bees, and it was blue.

I love flowers that attract pollinators and blue flowers are so eye catching. I looked up sea holly, found it at a Michigan garden center, pointed and clicked, four sea holly plants were on their way.

Then the DUH moment hit. 

Silly me...SEA holly. This is a coastal plant. The soil needs to be sandy. Dayton, Ohio doesn't have sandy soil. I bought some sand to mix in with the soil. It needs a lot of sun. That's no problem. I have a few spots around the house that get a lot of sun.

After reading about sea holly, I think it will survive. There's not a lot of maintenance and it needs eight hours of sun.

Looking forward to the spring/summer to see what comes for this spunky plant!

 

2 comments: