Sunday, October 22, 2023

ducks in a row {october 22, 2023}


This is the last full week of October and for me and many others it's the beginning of  one of the busier times of the year.

I’m starting to get my ducks in a row for the upcoming week and the upcoming holidays. I am a list maker, a calendar keeper, and a post-it note junkie. All kinds of ways to keep me on track. I add, I cross off, add, cross off, and so on and so on until Christmas Eve arrives and then I'm done.


There are days that are full and the list, calendar, and post-its keep me organized and sort of sane. Same for the days that aren’t so full. They’re reminders of things that are coming up, things that need to be done by “X” date, getting myself to yoga or the gym or just outside for a walk (my goal is not to gain weight over the holidays), and to get those Christmas stockings made for my new son-in-law and Little Grandson!


Time to get quackin'!

Where did the term "get your ducks in a row" come from? 


1 comment:

  1. There is always that one ahead, and one a little behind, and one that will swim off in an unexpected direction.

    ReplyDelete