Saturday, May 28, 2022

visits {may 28, 2022}

Busy, fun weekend so far. 

⁕ My newlyweds came into town on Thursday to attend their friends' wedding. 

⁕ Friday night the dinner table was full with my son, daughter, son-in-law, and another young man who might as well be my son, and T and me. Requested menu: grilled steaks, sautéed spinach, and good ole mac and cheese with "crumbles" (bread crumbs) on top. It never ceases to amaze me when my biggest pan overflows with three 10 oz. containers of spinach and cooks down to barely covering the bottom of the pan.


The rain stopped and after dinner deck time was music, beer, wine, tequila shots, wonderful conversation and lots of laughter 'til after midnight.

Saturday T and I went to David's Cemetery and put a flower arrangement on my parents' gravestone. Lots of people driving and strolling around the cemetery. Cemeteries look extra pretty on Memorial Day weekend. Grave decorations are new, plantings are blooming, the grass throughout the cemetery has been freshly cut, and the Boy and Girl Scouts have lined the cemetery lanes with American flags.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment