Tuesday, May 31, 2022

on the road again {may 31, 2022}

Ten months ago my brother and sister-in-law moved to Rutledge, TN. It's time for a visit!

Number fun on I-270...five 8s!

Hello, Cincinnati!

Heading over the Brent Spence Bridge into Kentucky. Lots of talk about replacing this bridge. That will be a long time inconvenience whenever that happens.

Welcome to the Bluegrass State!

Buttermilk Pike always brings back memories of my grandpa. He loved buttermilk and would drink a glass of it everyday at lunch. That was back in the day when there were flecks of real butter in the buttermilk. He let me taste it, I didn't like it, and we went through that routine at every visit. Finally, there was that breakthrough moment when buttermilk tasted really good and Grandma would pour two glasses at lunchtime.

Cumberland Gap Tunnel


We come out from the Cumberland Gap Tunnel and the Google Maps voice says, "Welcome to Tennessee!"

Scenic Veterans' Overlook in Grainger County

Cheers to a relaxing next few days!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice drive. I have not driven that tunnel.

    ReplyDelete