Friday, May 13, 2022

giardiniera {may 13, 2022}

While traveling, I enjoy trying the foods that are unique to the locale. My most recent find was in Chicago, giardiniera on pizza. I love pickled veggies, I love veggies on pizza. Win, win!

So imagine my surprise and delight when my favorite grocery store (not in Chicago) offered its Pizza of the Month, The Giardiniera. The store's chef brought her Chicago roots to Dayton, OH, and created the most yummy pizza with her homemade spicy giardiniera, fresh mozzarella, red sauce, and Calabrese salami. 


I was starving and inhaled that first slice in the car...no shame. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice, have you had a Chicago Deep DIsh? A Chicago dog with everything, and they do mean everything on it, and there is some Italian wet beef sandwich that is dipped in a liquid

    ReplyDelete