Thursday, May 26, 2022

peace, hope, and love {may 26, 2022}

Throughout my wanderings and travels, I photograph "stuff" that catches my eye. One of these days (hopefully many years down the road), my kids will go through my oodles and oodles of photos and see all the "stuff" and wonder, "Why would she take a picture of this or that?" They'll have to come up with their own stories.

I started this blog quite a few years ago, was OK about posting, then let it go, and in 2021 started it back up the day before I turned 64. I've been doing a daily post to document my year before Medicare kicks in. I am a glass-half-full, Pollyanna, optimistic person, but like the rest of the nation, the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas was a real punch in the gut. So many people trivialize thoughts and prayers after a catastrophic event, but by taking time to send a heartfelt message to an unfamiliar community, you ARE doing something. You're stepping outside of your world and entering the bigger picture.  

From my pictures, a wish for peace, hope, and love.


"Stairway to Peace"

"The pathway to peace is not often straight. Sometimes you have to climb around, zig and zag, twist and turn; maybe even go upside down for a while. But however you arrive, the door is welcoming...and patiently waiting for you to arrive."
~ Patricia Saxton
https://saxtonstudio.wordpress.com/52-weeks-of-peace/


"Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
~The Shawshank Redemption


"C'mon people now, 
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now.
~ The Youngbloods (1966)







1 comment: