Friday, May 20, 2022

super-scrapers {may 20, 2022}

Billionaires Row, a set of ultra-luxury residential skyscrapers that are either constructed or in development along the southern edge of Central Park. 

They do scream, "Look at me! I'm so tall. I cost a ton of dollars." In my opinion, they do nothing for the skyline. When the first super-scraper (432 Park Avenue) was built, our friend the native Hell's Kitchen boy, commented that it looked like a middle finger pointing up to the sky. Ever since then, we've called it the Middle Finger Building instead of the fancier sounding 432 Park Avenue.

The tallest buildings in NYC is One World Trade Center (1776 feet). Following One WTC are the four super-scrapers. 



They do make pretty reflections.



The super-scrapers are the wave of the building future and that's the way it goes. But for me, give me the Empire State and Chrysler buildings any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment