Tuesday, May 10, 2022

fritos {may 10, 2022}

On Cinco de Mayo, I was going to make taco salad and margaritas to get into the spirit of the day. Well, we got busy and when it was time to make dinner, I didn't have all the ingredients needed. A trip to the store would have pushed dinner time out an hour plus. We got Chinese food. 

This past Saturday, Derby Day, to get into the spirit of the day, I presented the idea of fried chicken, biscuits, and sipping on Woodford. T said, "I think that taco salad sounds good and I'll do the grocery shopping." Well, OK then. I set him up with a list of things I needed, knowing darn well he would come home with more. And that's OK. 

He's like a kid in a candy store whenever he goes grocery shopping. Has to look at EVE-RY-THING. Gone an hour-plus.

And when T got back to the house, an enthusiastic, "You'll never guess what I found!" He got everything on my list, found a few "really good bargains," but this is what had him the most excited: Fritos in a limited time retro package. 



The ditty from the '60s...

Munch, munch, munch a bunch of Fritos, corn chips.
It's not polite to smack your lips.
But you can't help it with Fritos corn chips.
Munch, munch, munch a bunch of Fritos, corn chips.




1 comment: