Tuesday, February 27, 2024

sock it to me!


I saw these socks at the grocery and thought this is me: introvert and word nerd and in fun colors! Did I buy them? No, but they sure made me smile. These novelty socks made me think of President George H.W. Bush, who was famous for wearing colorful socks that brought awareness to the causes he held dear, as well as activities he enjoyed. These socks did lead me down a path to see if there was a word for a person who loves socks, which then would have made this post show up on Wordy Wednesday, but there isn't one. There is a World Introvert Day, which is January 2, where the celebrations of the previous year have ended and people can enjoy some quiet time to recharge their social batteries.
 

2 comments:

  1. An opportunity for a new word. I remember when Alexander Julian came out with colorful mens socks in the 1980's - the routine things in life need not be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute socks. They would have caught my eye too.

    ReplyDelete