Saturday, February 3, 2024

smash my trash


We saw this big, wicked looking thing en route to I-75. Smash My Trash. Obviously not used for residential services. 

Had to check out the website. 

Smash My Trash compacts waste in 30' open top dumpsters. They use an environmental focus to persuade customers and communities that by using their service, they are helping the environment. "Our proprietary service crushes and reduces commercial waste volume, saves businesses money, and cuts harmful greenhouse gas emissions." The "...Smash Trucks® are among the newest, most technologically advanced, environmentally friendly pieces of equipment in today’s waste industry. These machines power through materials in dumpsters, creating more space for more waste with fewer costly hauls." 

My question is, this service saves customers the fees associated with waste removal but if Smash My Trash trucks are driving all around town, are they reducing emissions or is it just a trade off? 


1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Sounds like a trade-off to me. That is one wicked looking piece of equipment.

    ReplyDelete