Monday, February 5, 2024

monday's mulling: first monday of february

It's the first Monday of February! So many people dislike Monday, mainly because they have to go back to work, but I can say I did not jump on the I-hate-Monday bandwagon. If anything, Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week. Monday is a new beginning, Wednesday is the middle of the week, Thursday approaches the end of the week and Friday is that end. Saturday and Sunday are the weekends. Tuesday is just there.




Carpe diem...seize the day. Carpe diem first came to my attention from the movie "Dead Poets Society." Robin Williams played the maverick teacher John Keating who taught at an all-boys prep school. He used unorthodox methods to reach out to this students, got them to break out of their shells, pursue their dreams, and seize the day.One of my favorite quotes from the movie: "But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary."

Carpe Monday and make it a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Every morning on the green side of the sod, is a good morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's good to be on this side of the dirt (my grandpa, a farmer).

      Delete
  2. I love this! It's just what I needed this Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete