Tuesday, February 6, 2024

a moment for love

For years and years people have carved their names or initials into trees to declare their everlasting love and then revisit it for years to come. In the summer of 2023, a tourist decided to immortalize his visit to the Colosseum by carving “Ivan + Haley 23” on a wall of the 2,000 year old Roman ruin. A few years after we put our dog down and I was absolutely devastated, T and I were taking a walk on a lovely spring day and stopped at a bar for an afternoon drink. I missed my big doggy so using a car key, I carved his name (TED) into the ledge that overlooked 5th Street where we had taken many walks.



The other day while walking along the Great Miami, a log had made its way onto the riverwalk, probably from the flooding that had happened from the days of rain that dumped on us. Someone used that log as a canvas for his or her declaration of love  but instead of carving, this person used spray paint. Quick, easy, and colorful...as love sometimes is.




2 comments:

  1. I was in the Frazier museum on Sunday (Louisville, KY), they have a section of a tree that Daniel Boone cut his name into the bark of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your Ted is remembered at your local. Expressions of love are a good thing.

    ReplyDelete