Sunday, February 25, 2024

be you


While helping my daughter and son-in-law with their new little son, we had time to watch a few movies, one of them being "The Greatest Showman." The movie came out in 2017 and I had not seen it. I've heard the soundtrack many times...excellent! Seeing the exotic performers sing "This Is Me" gave me goosebumps. P. T. Barnum looked past the performers physical differences and saw them as good people. What a lesson in humanity and acceptance for all of us. 

When the sharpest words wanna cut me down

I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown ‘em out

I am brave, I am bruised

I am who I’m meant to be, this is me

Look out ‘cause here I come

And I’m marchin’ on to the beat I drum

I’m not scared to be seen

I make no apologies, this is me.


~ This Is Me, from The Greatest Showman







2 comments:

  1. A well turned phrase, touches the emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that movie yet. I'm going to look it up.

    ReplyDelete