Sunday, February 11, 2024

search engines

I do miss going to the card catalogs and flipping through the cards and then going to the shelves to find the source. My kids used the card catalog through high school and their college years research was done online. My grandchildren will get to hear stories about the old fashioned way of doing research. With the world of AI opening at the speed of light, I wonder if researching a topic will have to be taught.

 

Saint Anthony is the Patron Saint of Lost Things and whenever she needed to find something, my devoutly Catholic grandma would say:

Tony, Tony,

look around.

Something’s lost

and must be found!


- or -


St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come around: something is lost, and it cannot be found. 

2 comments:

  1. The card catalog at the Library of Congress was massive, they stopped updating it about 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me remember the lovely smell of the card catalog and the library shelves.

    ReplyDelete