Monday, February 19, 2024

monday's mulling: walking

I am in Chicago celebrating the birth of my newest grandchild and helping the new parents with this big, wonderful, exhausting change in their lives. We have had a few crazy nights where the little guy has been a night owl and we are bleary eyed the next day. In the midst of all this excitement and weariness, I have kept up with my daily walk routine. I love to be part of the rhythm of life in a place that is not where I'm from, to create my adventure on my own two feet.


A few photos from a few walks...


No good feelings for Russia in the Ukrainian Village

The Chicago skyline from Diversey Harbor. In another couple months, the harbor will be filled with boats.

A colorful, eye catching mural on the side of an empanadas restaurant

Using empty space under the El tracks for a mini parking lot. 

A reminder from COVID-19 lockdown days...We're all in this together. Hard to believe it's been almost four years ago when that craziness started.

A rainbow overflow of dog poop bags. At least people are doing their duty and picking up the doody.

Colorful street art to brighten a gray day. 

More advice from a sticker...Dance first, think later. Love the disco ball ~ 

Reaching high to the sky ~ 










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along on your walk. Great observations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice long walk, makes the day, thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete