Wednesday, June 14, 2023

wordy wednesday...aegis {june 14, 2023}

My morning routine starts with a cup of coffee with milk, sitting down to read a few blogs and the New York Times. Yesterday morning I poured a cup of coffee, put the milk in it, and it curdled. Nothing worse than sour milk. (A long time ago, I poured a glass of milk, took a big chug, and it was spoiled. I haven't been able to drink a glass of milk since then.)

Heading out to volunteer to weed gardens at one of the area MetroParks without my coffee...oy. Boston Stoker to the rescue! The baristas always greet the morning customers who need that first cup of coffee with a smile. To add to the morning smile, is the JOTD...Joke of the Day.


A lot of people won't get the humor, but it gave me a laugh. The barista said, "You're the first person who laughed at the joke!" When I was young, my mom gave a beautiful picture book of Greek mythology to me and I read that book over and over again. I loved that book and could tell anyone who wanted to listen all about the Greek gods and goddesses. (I wish I still had it.) Anyway, the barista is a student at Wright State and she in minoring in Greek mythology and we laughed at ourselves at being "Greek geeks."

In Greek mythology aegis is the shield of Zeus, king of the gods.



No comments:

Post a Comment