Thursday, June 22, 2023

the day the disposal died {june 22, 2023}


Long, long time ago, I do believe it was ’84

How that whirring used to make me smile.

And I know if I had the chance

That I could make those people dance

And grind up all their scraps with style.


But one day the people quivered

They flipped the switch, I didn’t deliver

Bad news under the kitchen sink

Would all that gunk start to stink?


I can’t remember the words they sighed

I’d given 39 years of working with pride

“Call Plumber Dan.” “Oh no, I cried.”

The day the disposal died.


So bye, bye to the Badger 5

Drove the Jeep-o to Home Depot

To buy a new disposal to survive

The old broken thing just wouldn’t revive

June 5th was the day of the demise,

June 5th was the day of the demise.


(Inspiration from Don McLean's "American Pie)

No comments:

Post a Comment