Tuesday, June 20, 2023

monday's mulling (even though it's tuesday): one year {june 20, 2023}

“When a child is born, so are grandmothers.” – Judith Levy 

One year ago I became a grandma. When I held my grandson for the first time, my eyes filled with tears of joy, jolted by a wallop of love just as intense as when my children were born. I was now a grandma but my baby was now a father. The cycle of life continues and I am part of it again. 

As I hold my grandson, I think about the future, wondering what he will become. 

As he grows, changes take place every day, a personality develops.

And I marvel at this miracle of life.  A picture can’t come close to showing others the perfection of this little person: his little voice as he tries to mimic words, his fussiness when he gets tired, his chuckle when he and his dog play tug-of-war with toys, his smile that has gone from toothless to now six teeth, his joy when he sees his mom and dad come into the room, his determination to walk (he's getting close), his curiosity for the world around him, his joy for smashing his first birthday cake!


I am so looking forward to seeing the world through my grandson's eyes. Everything will be new to him and everything will be a learning experience. He doesn't know negativity so he will start off with a positive attitude when introduced to new adventures. The world is full of possibilities and we'll do things "just because." A child's imagination is limitless and I can't wait to see where it will take us. He is such a blessing for this time in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment