Tuesday, June 6, 2023

gardening {june 6, 2023}


For the past few days, I can say without hesitation, this is so me! My friend fusses  about not liking to wear gloves, ("Diane, you're ruining your nails!") but what can I say? I love to dig in the dirt.

Gardening has shaken me up and slowed me down. It's an activity I can do when I'm Happy or excited, worried or angry or sad. Tending a garden is a meditative, humbling experience: you can't force anything, you just have to wait. And yet every time you put something in the ground, it feels like a pronouncement of faith in the future – or at least in the next few months.


Gardening adds life to your years and years to your life. Even if your nails are dirty.

"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." – Alfred Austin “Growing with the Seasons: A Sharing of Insights Into the Creative Aspects of Organic Gardening”.






1 comment: