Sunday, June 18, 2023

father's day {june 18, 2023}

An honor of being the oldest child is having the privilege of celebrating all 44 Father's Days with my dad. He died when he was 68, much too young to leave this earth, but the years he was given were good ones.

My favorite grocery store put up their Father's Day display. They do it every year and it always brings a big smile. My dad loved Dad's Root Beer and he made the best root beer floats. Dad's Root Beer and Shearer's vanilla ice cream. He made them for his four kids and later on for his eight grand children. Root beer floats are always one of the first memories that come up when we talk about Dad.

Last year on June 18, my youngest child became a dad and T became a grandpa. My son celebrated his first Father's Day the day after his son was born and his second one today, on his son's birthday. T getting the long-awaited title of Grandpa was the most unforgettable Father's Day gift.


1 comment: