Friday, January 19, 2024

the friday feed: winter squash and spinach pasta bake

It's that time of year to tackle the many partially used boxes of pasta. Different recipes call for different pasta shapes, which leaves a pantry full of pasta this-and-thats. First to go is a fun shape called Reginetti, using Smitten Kitchen's Winter Squash and Spinach Pasta Bake.

I had a sweet potato that had been hanging around for a while so I used that in place of winter squash. It's a warm and cheesy comfort food and can be a main dish or a side dish. Pine nuts are a tasty addition and leftovers are good, too.

Mangia!




4 comments:

  1. Very clever. It looks great. I was just thinking yesterday that I need to do something will all the bits of pasta I have sitting around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is not to buy any pasta until the remnants are gone.

      Delete