Tuesday, February 8, 2022

tuesday toyings {february 8, 2022}

Today's NYT Mini Crossword...notice anything?
:
:
:
:
Loads of Os and rhymes with those Os. Yep...I'm a word weird"O"


⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Cooking rice, got distracted, and then came the odor of burning rice. I read about a hack on the internet, soaking a dryer sheet in the scorched pan to remove the burnt bits. Would it work? Let's give it a try.

I filled the pan with water, added a squirt of dish soap, put two dryer sheets in,  brought the pan to a boil, let the water cool, and then rinsed the pan. During the rinse, most of the burnt rice came off. I took the dryer sheets and scrubbed off the rest of the burnt offerings and voila...a clean, shiny pan! 

The hack calls for using warm water and soaking the dryer sheet for an hour. This rice was really stuck on there, thus the reasoning for my cleaning process.

I'm a believer!
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
Yep.
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Sweet Clark from Chicago is staying with us until the end of February. He is 16 years old, has cataracts, and is hard of hearing. Recently, his hard dog food has been hard to digest so I'm making food for him. So far his favorite has been chicken and rice. My daughter is looking into foods that are nutritious and gentle on a senior dog's system.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment