Sunday, February 13, 2022

ohio against the world {february 13, 2020}

The day is here...Super Bowl Sunday. The underdog (undercat?) Cincinnati Bengals go up against the experienced Los Angeles Rams.

My nephews took a brothers' trip to LA to watch the Bengals play in the Super Bowl. They became Bengals fans naturally. My dad bought Bengals season tickets when the Bengals became a new team in 1968. He took his kids to Bengals games first at Nippert Stadium, then the new Riverfront Stadium, and now the newer Paul Brown Stadium. When Dad died, my brothers took over the season ticket ownership and my nephews have been cheering for the Bengals from the time they were little boys. Oh, they live in Cincinnati, too.

Ohio pro football has been in a drought and finally glory comes to the state. The two weeks after the AFC North won its championship, tiger stripes and "Who Deys" were seen and heard all over the state. Fans and non-Bengal fans had hopes and dreams of a Super Bowl championship. The Bengals unforgettable season falls short, 23-20. What a magical run for the team and for Ohio. WHO DEY!

Photo credit: CIncinnati Bengals official Twitter
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Prior to the game, I took a walk through the neighborhood. My head is still reeling from the news about our friend's passing. This is also the last week of the Frozen Feet Challenge and I needed to get my minimum one-mile walk in (I did three). WInter walking is very enjoyable. The hardest part is getting out the door. The crisp, cold air is invigorating but calming. I love to take big breaths of cold air; it feels like I'm doing something good for my lungs to keep them strong against COVID-19. I'm also designing a quilt for my grandson. The nursery theme is travel and adventure. So many ideas floating around in my head...we'll see what gets onto paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment