Thursday, February 24, 2022

frozen feet challenge {february 24, 2022}

Palindrome: 2-24-22

For the past four years I have participated in The Frozen Feet Challenge. This event invites participants to bundle up and get outside to walk, run, or hike at least one mile per day for 6 weeks straight. This years Frozen Feet went from January 9 to February 20. I completed the challenge, logging 111.4 miles, and there were quite a few days of pretty crappy weather.

I have always enjoyed the Frozen Feet Challenge. I'm not a cold weather fan so this event challenges me to get out of my comfort zone. Frozen Feet 2021 was my favorite. T and I and our big dog Ted lived in downtown Dayton. Ted needed to be walked 2-3 times a day so logging miles for the Frozen Feet was easy. 

Slow walks with a big dog...I learned that if you bundle up appropriately, cold weather walking is really enjoyable. The brisk, fresh air is invigorating but calming and I loved taking deep breaths of cold air. It felt like I was doing something healthy for my lungs and making them stronger to fight off COVID germs. Ted and I walked all over downtown and in the MetroParks. We saw a lot. In fact, we logged 165.6 miles. He's no longer on this earth...I really missed my walking companion this year...but I sure enjoyed a little Frozen Feet walk down memory lane with these photos from last year.






_______________________________________________________  _______________________________________________________

In the early hours of the morning today, Russian forces invaded Ukraine by land, air, and sea, "confirming the worst fears of the West with the biggest attack by one state against another in Europe since World War Two."

No comments:

Post a Comment