Friday, December 31, 2021

random thoughts on nye {december 31, 2021}

December 31, 2021

For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. ~ T.S. Eliot

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Resolutions? They go in one year and out the other!

*In 2022, I plan to get in 1,000,000 steps (10,000 steps for 100 consecutive days) before my daughter's wedding in April. One million good wishes for the newlyweds. January 1 is my starting date. And I just might continue the steps to the birth of my first grandchild in June.

*I want to blog daily, rather than playing catch up on my entries. I will do my best to write one entry for each day, documenting the countdown to my 65th birthday.

*Yoga 2-3 times a week. It's amazing what a regular practice does for strength and flexibility and for peace of mind.

*The pandemic has been isolating for me. I want to make an effort to reach out to friends via phone call or a visit rather than on social media.

*Make sure I say I love you to those who mean the most to me.

*Road trips and bigger trips.

*Kindness and tolerance.

*Gratitude.

* * * *  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  *

My very talented artist friend Pat did a series called "A Plethora of P's". One year, I did my own drawing (I'm not a talented artist), "P" for Prosecco and sent it to her just because I really enjoyed this series. Much to my surprise, she included it in her blog for a New Year's Eve Post. 

https://saxtonstudio.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/cheers-a-guest-plethora-of-ps-p-prosecco/?fbclid=IwAR0We22x1UgyZPX6jszCL2vspB5y9Dpo4m44Rn1Ax-t-qYhPBQ1bnxrqS0c

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And finally, what would New Year's Eve be without "Auld Lang Syne?" 

Happy New Year and many blessings for 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMFnqj6aFwY

No comments:

Post a Comment