Friday, December 17, 2021

frosted chewies {december 17, 2021}

A recipe from my mother-in-law. It's similar in concept to Rice Krispie Treats but the recipe calls for Special K. I began my search for Special K a couple weeks and a few trips to the grocery store before I wanted to make these and plain Special K was nowhere to be found. There's Special K with cinnamon, Special K Dipped Chocolate Almond, Probiotic Special K, Special K Honey Almond, Special K with Dried Strawberries...every flavor under the sun except for PLAIN. I bought the one I thought was the plainest (the one with dried strawberries) and picked out all the strawberries. I did consider using Cheerios or Rice Krispies in place of Special K, but I wanted to stay true to the recipe...gotta stay one step ahead.






No comments:

Post a Comment