Friday, December 3, 2021

main street dayton, ohio {december 3. 2021}

Palindrome: 12-3-21

Walking in the ole 'hood...downtown Dayton, Ohio. My dad worked downtown in the late '60s and early '70s. T and I worked downtown in the '80s. I brought my kids downtown on field trips to the Dayton Art Institute and to the performing arts venues, to art classes at K12 Gallery. T and I lived downtown for a year after we sold our house during the pandemic. What a time to live downtown...restaurants closed, office employees working from home, no performing arts, but there was still life and the downtown vibe. And now it's Friday after work, the sun is going down, it's chilly, and Main Street is pretty empty and quiet. This scenario might make some people uncomfortable and a little nervous. I'm fine with it. Familiarity brings contentment. 




























 

No comments:

Post a Comment