Wednesday, December 15, 2021

christmas sparkle from grandma {december 15, 2021}

My grandparents lived in a big farm house with leaded glass windows. When the sun's rays hit those windows, their dining room walls were covered with rainbows. My parents lived in a mid-century modern home, no leaded glass windows, but my mom hung eight crystals (one for each grandchild) in her kitchen window. When the sun shined through that window, rainbows danced on her kitchen walls. When Mom moved to assisted living, I kept the crystals tucked away in a drawer to figure out what to do with them. 

I've had those crystals for eight years now and it was time to get them out of the drawer and to Mom's grandchildren. My very talented jewelry-making friend and I bounced ideas back and forth and we agreed that a Christmas ornament would be a wonderful way to repurpose the crystals for the kids to remember their grandma.





No comments:

Post a Comment