Wednesday, August 28, 2024

wednesday's words and wanderings and wonderings

Ahhh, lake life. It's just a slower pace where a cup of morning coffee tastes so good while sitting outside enjoying the peace and quiet of the new day. Being around a lake has such a calming and relaxing effect; my shoulders instantly drop when I see the water. I instantly feel so content and that peaceful, easy feeling lasts all day long. 



"So let the mind flow like water. Face life with a calm and quiet mind and everything in life will be calm and quiet." - Thich Thien-An





We arrived home on Sunday, relaxed and filled with happy memories. A bright yellow piece of paper stuck on the mailbox catches our eyes. 


Monday morning rolls around. 7:00 a.m. All at once a rumble comes down the street and then BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. A concrete road breaker begins breaking up the curbs and driveway aprons. 24 hours earlier on a lake in rural Michigan we woke up to geese honking and an occasional fishing boat passing by. It was an I-wish-I-were-back-at-the-lake moment.








4 comments:

  1. This would have been a good week to be away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would. Just a week off in the timing.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you should have stayed on the lake for another few days. The views in hour photos are certainly calming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could have stayed a little longer. I'll just look at my photos for calm memories.

    ReplyDelete