Friday, August 9, 2024

the friday feed: garbage disposal

For the last five months, due to a home renovation, I have been without my kitchen. Before the project started the construction crew set up a makeshift kitchen in the dining room using some of the old cabinets, the old stove, refrigerator, and a laundry sink. It worked fine, I cooked everything I wanted in a limited space, but over time found that I really missed my garbage disposal the most. It got old peeling carrots and scraping the residue from bowls, pots, and pans into the waste basket.  

July 31, 2024 is the red letter day that I moved food from the old refrigerator into the new fridge. Little bits of this and that filled the veggie bin so it was time to make the good ole "garbage salad." There was a single carrot plus other odds and ends. Such joy to peel that orange root veggie and push the peels into the garbage disposal! I really missed that garbage disposal and appreciate it even more.


7/31/2024...Bye, bye carrot peels!





2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, our remodel took less time (we couldn't move any walls because of the high rise building) but I so missed a real kitchen. I love the extra deep kitchen sink with the grid in the bottom. At first I didn't think I would keep the grid in it, but after a couple of days I wouldn't part with it. Our's is a little narrower, space is rather limited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you a happy to have things back to normal and with such new and shiny equipment.

    ReplyDelete