Friday, August 23, 2024

the friday feed: fun with food

Made a veggie tart, something that is turning into a weekly dish. This time I did a ROYGBIV theme and used all the colors in the spectrum (except for I). Red peppers, orange carrots, yellow pepper, green zucchini and jalapeno, blue potatoes (even though they look purple), and violet eggplant. 



I bought farm-fresh eggs - six chicken eggs and six duck eggs. What a difference fresh from the chicken or duck makes in the taste, appearance and texture! The eggs are so beautiful; I didn't want to crack them. That bright yellow yolk is a little burst of sunshine.




2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, and those eggs are fresh from the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to get farm fresh eggs when I was growing up. These days, they are little harder to come by. You are lucky to have a good source.

    ReplyDelete