Sunday, August 11, 2024

just keep smiling

A quick trip to Kroger for a few random items: Pedialyte, bananas, chickpeas, and a 12-pack of Miller Light. Try to connect those puzzle pieces! (If you want to know, Little grandson is in town, daughter-in-law is 9 weeks pregnant, I'm making roasted tomato hummus, and son likes Miller Light). I used the quick self-checkout line and the alcohol needed to be age-approved. "Please show the attendant your ID." 

As the attendant showed up, me feeling on-top-of-the-world because of the pregnancy announcement said with a big smile, "I need to show you my ID!" 

Her reply (with no smile)..."The machine needs it. I don't." 

At least grumpy lady typed in a date that put me in my 40s.  


 

2 comments:

  1. I was "carded" by self check recently, I held my ID up to the camera, and heard, thanks from the control room as the machine allowed the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Our Safeway doesn't sell alcohol at the self check lane. But that said, the clerks haven't asked for my ID in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete