Friday, August 30, 2024

the friday feed...hey, hot stuff


A side shelf in my fridge is devoted to hot sauce. The sauces aren't blow-your-mouth-out hot, but just enough to add a little heat and flavor. 

This past summer our daughter took us to the Lincoln Park farmers' market. What a beautiful market with such a variety of foods. It's outdoors and we strolled from vendor to vendor with our shopping bags and baskets. After our stop at the fresh bread stand, Sari said that we had to go to Bushel & Peck's. "You'll love it, Ma. They sell vinegars, hot sauces, jams, other condiments, pickled veggies, and everything is so good." This is where she introduced me to Cherry Bomb. "You HAVE to buy it." So I did and it is da bomb! It adds flavor to food but doesn't cover it up. It's a very flavorful hot sauce without burning your mouth.

Bushel & Peck's is a Wisconsin-based company. The back of the bottle description says it all: "Cherry Bomb hot sauce explodes with complex flavors making it perfect for exactly everything. This is THE sauce. Distinct, unique & highly addictive, Cherry Bomb Hot Sauce makes everything pop! We source this hard to find pepper from our own organic farm and the fields of friendly farmers we know."

I've spent a lot of time looking at Bushel & Peck's website. Decisions, decisions. I haven't ordered anything yet, but for sure the large size Cherry Bomb will be the first item on the order.





4 comments:

  1. Research shows, that the older we get, the more spice we crave, order the large size and live long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Lincoln Park farmer's market once many years ago and it was indeed a treat to explore. However, I have not heard of this hot sauce. It sounds wonderful. As I've gotten older, I have less tolerance for the heat of peppers but taken in smaller portions I love it. After all, I still eat a lot of Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Travel Penguin sent me here as I love hot sauces. I buy some from the company with the awful name puckerbutt. They have a marvelous variety of heat/flavors and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of Travel Penguin and thank you for stopping by. I will look up puckerbutt hot sauces. What a name!

      Delete