Friday, December 29, 2023

the friday feed: christmas cookies {december 29, 2023}


People talk about binge watching shows on Netflix or other streaming services. With the family in town, I've been binge cooking. 

It started a couple weeks ago with Christmas cookies. While baking the cookies, it hit me that Christmas cookies, at least the ones that I make, take more time - more steps involved. They're not like good ole chocolate chip cookies where you make the cookie dough, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, bake, and done. No. My Christmas cookies need extra steps: chill the dough, roll into little balls, use rolling pins, unwrap a bunch of Hershey's chocolate kisses, snip dried cranberries into little pieces, chop white chocolate into little pieces, cut the cookies, make icing for the sandwich cookies. 

For the shortbread cookies, I couldn't find my cookie cutter so I used a shot glass...use whatcha got!





 

2 comments:

  1. These all looks so delicious. You are a lot more ambitious than me. I only made one batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend went to a family cookie bake weekend, and returned with wonderful creations this year.

    ReplyDelete