Monday, December 25, 2023

merry christmas! {december 25, 2023}

I typically put the Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. No Black Friday shopping for me. I love decorating the tree because our ornaments are a mishmash of precious memories: ornaments from my parents, from traveling, from the kids, from Little Grandson, from local artists, from when we were first married, from something that caught my eye.


🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄


If you don’t understand why someone  puts their tree up early… sit with a woman. 

Sit with a college girl who just moved out & needs that comfort of what was home. 

Sit with a newlywed excited to make her home. 

Sit with a first time mama who sees excitement for the future. 

Sit with a second, third, fourth, time mama who sees the twinkling magic in her children’s eyes. 

Sit with a mama who’s slowly losing her nest as her babies begin to move out & she needs that familiarity. 

Sit with  a mama who has an empty nest & who’s excited for the kids & grandkids to soon fill her home running around that very tree. 

Sit with an elderly mama who as she stares into that tree in her final years, she is flooded with sweet precious memories of smiles & laughter from her family and friends. 

Every year I see the debate of “when’s the right time to put up your Christmas tree” .

The right time is when YOU want to. If it brings you joy then do it! 

As I sit here this morning staring into my twinkling tree, my mama heart is happy. There’s a peacefulness in the glow. It’s brought joy.


~ Author unknown


🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄


MERRY CHRISTMAS!



2 comments: