Tuesday, December 19, 2023

just for fun {december 19, 2023}


It's the Great Christmas Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

One lovely October day when I went to work at the farmer's market, six giant pumpkins sitting in a row greeted me when I came to work my afternoon shift. They brought so much fun to the market - oohs and aahs from customers of all ages, wide eyes and squeals of joy from the little kids, lots of questions about how to grow a monster pumpkin.

Long story short, I brought a monster pumpkin home. It was a big hit at Halloween - a few kids took photos beside it - and it brought cheer to the Thanksgiving holiday. December arrived, the pumpkin was still going strong and I didn't want to throw it away. One day, T was putting some Christmas lights on the bushes and I thought, "Why not?" Little grandson is going to be here for Christmas and it will be fun to take a photo of him by the Christmas pumpkin. It's also brought smiles to the neighbors, the mail man, and the Amazon delivery people. Smiling puts people on the right track and makes the world a more beautiful place. We need more of that.

“Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” – Marilyn Monroe


1 comment: