Thursday, March 31, 2022

goals {march 31, 2022}

“Anything that gets you out, that gets you physically active, is going to be good psychotherapy and stave off winter problems.”

― Jon Krakauer, Eiger Dreams: Ventures Among Men and Mountains


Winter is a tough time to find motivation. Short days, cold temps, not a lot of sunshine contribute to a leave-me-alone-I-want-to-hibernate attitude. 


I also know that exercise and fresh air can help to promote a better mood so I set a few walking goals:


1. My daughter is getting married on April 23 so starting on January 1, 2022, my goal is to walk 1,000,000 steps by April 23 for a million good wishes for the newlyweds to begin their marriage. I did this three years ago when my son got married. Steps to date: 928,160.


2. From Saturday, January 1 to Thursday, March 31, the Ohio River Road Runners Club challenged people to walk or run 202.2 miles. Got 'er done...285.2 total miles.



3. My third motivator was the Frozen Feet Challenge. Every day from January 9 to February 20, get outside for at least one mile of walking or running. No indoor walking allowed, even when in nasty weather. And there were some bitterly cold days. I got outside every single day and logged 111.4 miles.



“Bleak sky, winter bites, harsh winds, unforgiving rain... 

Well, weather isn't just going to change but you can find your own sunshine. 

Chase your happiness.”

― Mystqx Skye




No comments:

Post a Comment