Saturday, March 5, 2022

go, dayton flyers! {march 5, 2022}

Tonight the #3 University of Dayton Flyers beat the #1 Davidson Wildcats 82-76 in a hard fought game at UD Arena. The arena rocked from its 12:30 start until the game's end. 


I love college basketball. I grew up watching the Flyers. My dad bought season tickets in 1969 when the newly constructed UD Arena opened. Prior to that, we attended UD games at the rickety old fieldhouse. 

Not many high school athletes get to play college basketball. Can you imagine the feeling you'd experience when you signed that dotted line saying you are now a college basketball player? It has to be one of pure joy and excitement because you know you just achieved something that only a small percentage of high school athletes ever achieve. To me, college athletics, especially in the smaller schools, show such a love of the game, and playing for your school brings a sense of pride. All the work and discipline will serve these young athletes in life after graduation.

What. A. Game.

We are UD...Go, Dayton Flyers.

ProUD of these young men!



1 comment:

  1. UD was the first law school to say yes to me, I ended up closer to where I was living (and 1/4 the cost) but that letter was a turning point in my life.

    ReplyDelete