Sunday, June 30, 2024

drastic symphonies


Def Leppard - a popular 1980s British heavy metal band and quiet me happens to really like their music. The group is still together, still touring, and still putting out new music.

The other day I was edging and painting walls and wanted to have some music to break the monotony. I opened up Spotify and Def Leppard's "Drastic Symphonies" was listed. This album came out last year and is a remix containing the vocals from Def Leppard's original recordings accompanied by the Royal Symphony Orchestra. Who would have thought that rock and classical royalty would unite to create some stunningly beautiful arrangements. I particularly like the arrangements with Love Bites, Hysteria, Animal, and Bringin’ on the Heartbreak. I liked those songs so much that I replayed them probably six times each. The combination of heavy metal and a symphonic orchestra worked brilliantly!

1 comment:

  1. Someplace I have a CD of Baroque Classical Beatles songs. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete